4-Port FireWire 800 Repeater/Hub
The VS-40FW from Kramer is a high-performance bidirectional hub/repeater for 9-pin FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) signals. This device functions by increasing the number of ports available and/or extends the distance for FireWire cable runs. Primarily this device will be used in digital video production and editing studios, digital video live broadcasting, and for PC FireWire port extensions and long cable drive. A quick note on FireWire, this is a technology that allows for high-speed communication and data exchange between a computer and a peripheral or between two computers.
The main features of the VS-40FW are hot swapping abilities which supports plug and play, very high transfer rates of 100, 200, 400, and 800Mbps, and range - which doubles the cable range of FireWire from 14.75' to 29.5' (multiple units can be cascaded to extend the range up to 236'). This unit also has ESD Protection which incorporates Kramer's Spark-Guard Pro signal protection circuitry to help protect against EDS (electrostatic discharge) that can damage digital equipment. This repeater hub has alternate power sources, it can be powered from the 12V DC power supply (included) or through the PC connection.
The VS-40FW comes with a 12V DC power supply, mounting bracket, one 3' 9-pin FireWire cable, and a 7 year warranty. With the compact DigiTOOLS size of this repeater/hub 3 units can be rack mounted side by side in a 1U rack space with optional RK-3T rack adapter.
Please note: Use of this device requires 9-pin FireWire 800 Cable, one 3' 9-pin FireWire cable is included.
- Ports: 4 bidirectional IEEE 1394b 800Mbps (S800) ports
- Transfer Rate: 100/200/400/800Mbps (S800, S400, S200, S100)
- Range: Doubles the cable range of FireWire from 14.75' to 29.5', multiple units can be cascaded to extend the range to up to 236'
- Hot Swapping: Supports Plug and Play
- ESD Protection: Incorporates Kramer's SparkGuard Pro signal protection circuitry to help protect against EDS (electrostatic discharge) that can damage digital equipment
- Alternate Power Sources: Powered from the 12V DC power supply or through the PC connection
- Requires 9-pin FireWire 800 Cable
- Power Consumption: 12V DC
- Included Accessories: Power supply, mounting bracket, 1 3' 9 pin FireWire cable
- Optional Accessories: Adapter cables, RK 3T 19" rack adapter, 3' 9 pin FireWire cables
- Warranty: 7 Years