2-Port Multi-Function Serial/IR PoE Control Gateway - RS232
The FC-6P from Kramer is a 2-Port Multi-Function Serial/IR Control Gateway with Power over Ethernet. This device is capable of plug and play deployment over a customers Ethernet LAN for remote bidirectional RS-232 or RS-485 and IR emitter control of customers devices. It allows so multiple control clients can be IP-connected to the FC-6P control gateway for concurrent control of two RS-232 or four IR controllable devices, such as AV scalers, video displays, audio amplifiers, and DVD players.
The FC-6P features a compact, piggy-back style installation, where it can be installed behind a TV or display with the ability to draw power over Ethernet. It offers two dual function ports, that are selectable up to 4 IR outputs 2 bidirectional RS-232 (1st port can be selected as RS-485 via Web page). With that you can have up to 40 IP connected clients over the customer Ethernet network, for remotely controlling devices connected to control gateway RS-232 and IR ports. Using Remote IP-Based Control, you can have up to two RS-232 controlled devices and up to one RS-485 port with multiple controlled devices, with up to four IR-controlled devices connected to the control gateway. This unit provides easy plug-and-play IP Installation, with dynamic (DHCP) address resolution and auto device discovery over customer LAN. Additionally this control gateway provides remote device management via a web browser, by multiple IP-clients (PC's or remote controllers) over customer LAN and a browser based IR learning tool for IR sensor detected signals.
The Kramer FC-6P is a high-quality Control Gateway device that is ideal for use with RS–232/IR interfaces over an Ethernet network, comes backed by a 7 year warranty from Kramer, and comes with a 3' USB cable, and bracket set.
- Ports: 2 RS232 bidirectional serial or 4 IR (selectable) on 3pin terminal blocks, 1 LAN on an RJ45 connector, 1 IR sensor for IR learning, 1 mini USB connector for programming, 1 Ethernet
- 2 multi function ports, each selectable as either bidirectional RS 232 (one configurable to RS 485) or 2 IR emitter
- RS-232 Communication: Transparent up to 115200bps
- IR Emitter Cable Range: 260'
- Supported IR Output Frequencies: 20kHz to 1.2Mhz
- Supported IR Input Frequencies: 20kHz to 60kHz
- Max Simultaneous IP-Client Connections: 40
- Max Data Handling of Device: Up to 150kbps
- Supported Serial Baud Rates: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 15200bps
- Power over Ethernet
- Built in control & support web pages
- Power Options: USB, Power over Ethernet, optional PSU
- Remote Device Management - Via Web browser, by multiple IPclients (PCs or remote controllers) over customer LAN
- Browser-Based IR Learning Tool: For IR sensor detected signals
- Windows-based Virtual Port Software: For setting up virtual ports on a PC
- USB Port: For upgrading firmware locally
- Power Consumption: 5V DC, xxmA
- Included Accessories: 3' USB Cable, Bracket Set
- Warranty: 7 Years