Kramer AV VM-8UX
1X8 4k 12G SDI Distribution Amplifier
- Inputs:1 SMPTE 259M (SD SDI), 292M (HD SDI), 344M (ED SDI), 424M (3G HD SDI), ST 2081 (6G SDI) and ST 2082 (12G SDI) compliant serial video, 75 Ohm on a BNC connector Outputs:8 equalized and reclocked SMPTE 259M (SD SDI), 292M (HD SDI), 344M (ED SDI), 424M (3G HD SDI), ST 2081 (6G SDI) and ST 2082 (12G SDI), outputs 75 Ohm on BNC connectors Cable Equalization Reach: 12Gbps: Up to 260', 3Gbps and 6Gbps: Up to 330', 1.5Gbps: Up to 660', SD: Up to 980'
- Video Resolutions: Up to 4K/60 4:2:2
- Bandwidth: 270Mbps to 12Gbps
- Max Output Level: 800mVpp /75 Ohms
Featuring the Kramer VM-8UX. This compact and high performance 1x8 distribution amplifier has been designed to distribute 4K60 4:2:2 signals for standard broadcast-grade SDI signals at up to 12G transmitted data rate. It has the ability to auto adapt to data rates of one SDI input signal, it then equalizes and re-clock the signal to improve the transmitted signals reach, and distributes the signal to eight identical SDI outputs. Using Kramer's high-quality coaxial SDI cables, this unit after signal equalization and re-clocking the outputs, can extend the range of signal transmission up to 984' for SD signals; 656' for 1.5G HD signals; 328' for 3G and 6G signals, and up to 260' for 12G 4K signal resolutions. The transmitted data rate is auto adapting and ranges from 270Mbps up to 12Gbps. This unit is compatible with all SDI transmissions signals, SDI through 12G SDI and will support pass-through of standard embedded audio channels with ancillary ID and metadata information.
The VM-8UX provides status indicators for transmitted SDI data rate of input and output connected signals, and power indicator, for ease of maintenance and troubleshooting. In addition this unit offers an easy user friendly installation fan–less enclosure for small footprint spaces and over–ceiling mounting, or side–by–side rack mounting. Comes backed by a 7 year warranty from Kramer.
Main Specs for the VM-8UX Include:
- 1:8 SDI distributor
- Resolution - Up to 4K (4:2:2) 30bpp
- Data rate - Auto–adapting, up to 12Gbps
- Input Reach - Up to 260' at 12Gbps
- Compliance - SMPTE standards
- Lockable connections
- Size - MegaTOOLS Mount 2 units side–by–side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK–T2B rack adapter.
- Audio - E
Note From Kramer: Reach depends on signal resolution, and quality of copper cable used. Reach extension performance may vary while using non–Kramer coaxial cables.
- Standards Compliance: SMPTE 259M (SD SDI), 292M (HD SDI), 344M (ED SDI), 424M (3G HD SDI), ST 2081 (6G SDI), ST 2082 (12G SDI)
- Power Consumption: 5V DC, 400mA
- Power Source: 5.2V / 4A
- Enclosure: Tool, Aluminum Type
- Dimensions: (HxWxD): 7.38" x 4.56" x 1"
- Weight: 1.1lbs
- Included Accessories: Power supply, mounting bracket, 2 male BNC 75 Ohms terminators
- Warranty: 7 Years