Kramer AV VP-439
HDMI, PC and CV to HDMI ProScale Digital Scaler - HDCP
The VP-439 from Kramer is a high-performance HDCP compliant digital scaler for computer graphics video, composite and HDMI signals, including audio. This scaler works by "up" or "down" scaling a selected HDMI, CV, or computer graphics video input and then outputs it to HDMI with resolutions up to 1080p and WUXGA. This is an ideal solution in Education environments for small classrooms, or education centers where there is a need to receive and scale signals from an array of sources, for example BluRay player, DVD player, or a Laptop, and have the signals output to a Display with speakers for presentations or training videos. This device is very user friendly and has a flexible variety of control options, from the On-Screen Display (OSD) front panel buttons, Web page, Ethernet, and RS-232 serial controller, like a PC. This device uses Auto Switching so it automatically searches for a valid signal when the input signal is lost. The audio input source is selectable from Web pages, either from the relevant analog audio input, or de-embedded from the HDMI input. The audio output can be delayed for lip sync compensation, and is available on the analog stereo output, as well as being embedded onto the HDMI output.
The primary features of the VP-439 include: HDTV compatibility and will scale to resolutions up to 1080p/WUXGA, clean and quite auto switching that searches for a valid input, automatic detection and selection of the audio source for the HDMI input (default selection is HDMI). This unit also features an auto power down ability for power saving, it will automatically turn off if no valid input signal is detected for a period of 2 to 3 minutes. You can also enable enable/disable HDCP if content protection is or is not needed. There is a built-in ProcAmp for simple adjustments of video parameters, such as brightness, contrast, color, sharpness, and hue. Also with a non-volatile memory the scaler will retain the last settings used for simple start-up operations after a restart or shutdown.
With a refresh rate of 60Hz for computer graphic resolutions, this high-quality product from Kramer can handle an array of applications. You will find 1 HDMI with unbalanced stereo on a 3.5mm mini jack, 1 PC/HD on 15 pin HD connector with unbalanced stereo on 3.5mm mini jack, 1 composite video on RCA connector with unbalanced stereo on 2 RCA connectors for your inputs, and 1 HDMI on a DVI I connector with unbalanced stereo on 2 RCA connectors for outputs. A processing delay of approximately 30ms makes switching between inputs and outputs and quick a seamless operation with very minimal delay.
The VP-439 comes with its own 5V DC power adapter and is backed by Kramer's 7 years warranty. For space saving this model has a compact desktop size, where 2 units can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space with an optional RK-1 19" adapter.
- Inputs: 1 HDMI with unbalanced stereo on a 3.5mm mini jack, 1 PC/HD on 15 pin HD connector with unbalanced stereo on 3.5mm mini jack, 1 composite video on RCA connector with unbalanced stereo on 2 RCA connectors
- Output: 1 HDMI on a DVI I connector with unbalanced stereo on 2 RCA connectors
- Auto Switching: Finds valid signal when input signal is lost
- Control: OSD (on screen display), Web page, Ethernet, RS-232
- On-Screen Display (OSD): setup and adjustment controls via front panel buttons
- Lip Sync Delay
- Ports: 1 Ethernet on an RJ 45 connector, 1 RS 232 on a 9 pin D sub connector
- Built-in ProcAmp: adjusts video parameters such as brightness, contrast, color, sharpness, and hue
- Automatic Input Audio Detection/Selection: Selects embedded audio for HDMI inputs, or analog audio when DVI is detected
- Auto-Power Down: Shuts down after 2-3 minutes when no input signal is present
- Processing Delay: 30ms approx
- Power Consumption: 5V DC
- Included Accessories: Power Supply
- Optional Accessories: Kramer RK-1 19" rack adapter
- Warranty: 7 Years