Kramer AV VM-218DT
HDMI and Long-Reach HDBaseT Switchable Distribution Amplifier
Kramer's VM-218DT is a high-quality, long-reach 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) HDBaseT 2x1:8 distributor. It takes an HDMI or a long-reach HDBaseT input and equalizes then re-clocks the signal and distributes it to eight identical long-reach HDBaseT outputs featuring RS-232/IR control signals. The integrated extender distributor includes a loop HDMI output with audio de-embedding to analog stereo port. Looping HDMI outputs enable monitoring and cascading to additional distribution amplifiers. An EDID handling, processing, and pass-through algorithm ensures plug-and-play operation for HDMI source and display systems. EDID signals are passed from the source to the display.
The standard extender distributor can connect to any HDBaseT-compliant extending product. It extends 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) 24bpp video resolution signal to maximum 130 ft long-reach over CAT copper cable. The extender can send signals farther than 130 feet for lower HD video resolution. For optimum range and performance, use recommended Kramer cables.
HDMI 2.0- and HDCP 1.4-compliant signal, supporting deep color, x.v.Color, lip sync, 7.1 PCM, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, 2K, 4K, and 3D. Remote device management via built-in web pages or RS-232 control connection. Rack mountable enclosure for mounting in a 1U rack space with included ear rack adapter.
- Bidirectional RS-232 Extension – Serial interface data flows bidirectionally on each extension line, enabling data transmission and device control
- Bidirectional Infrared Extension – IR interface data flows bidirectionally on each extension line, enabling remote control of peripheral devices located at either end of the extended line
- Audio Drop (De-embed) – The transmitted digital audio signal is converted to an analog signal and de-embedded to stereo unbalanced analog audio output
- Cost-effective Maintenance – Status LED indicators for HDMI and HDBT ports
- Easy Installation – Twisted-pair cables for HDBaseT signals wiring
- 1 HDMI: On a female HDMI connector
- 8 HDBaseT: On RJ-45 female connectors
- 1 Stereo Analog Audio: On a 3.5mm mini jack
- 1 Ethernet: On an RJ-45 female connector
- 8 IR: On 3.5mm mini jacks
- 8 RS-232: On 3-pin terminal blocks
- Max. Data Rate: 10.2Gbps (3.4Gbps per graphic channel)
- Max. Resolution: 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) 24bpp
- Standards Compliance: Supports HDMI 2.0, HDCP 1.4, and HDBaseT 1.0
- Extension Line
- Range Extension (Input or Output Each Side): Up to 130 ft at 4K @60Hz (4:2:0), up to 230 ft at full HD (1080p @60Hz 36bpp)
- Range Extension (Input or Output Each Side): Note: When using Kramer HDBaseT cables
- User Interface
- Controls: Input select button, EDID read/select buttons, RS 232 control & remote, local and remote IR controls, Ethernet