The DR-EDID2 Emulator is designed to manipulate the EDID information provided to a connected HDMI source or any device connected prior to the unit in the HDMI chain.
The DR-EDID2 is a unique self-powered inline device that can be inserted onto either end of any HDMI cable. EDID refers to a block of information that is passed from the far end of your signal chain, normally the display, to the first device or source. This EDID contains critical information about the capabilities of the connected display, including audio and video format support, HDMI feature support, etc.
This device allows the installer to simply and quickly modify the information with a rotary switch to select between 16 pre-installed setting or test the EDID from any device.
This will simplify troubleshooting the technical complications that often arise when performing video system integration or when left in place, permanently alter the EDID of the system.
- a. Flashing Red - learning mode
- b. Purple - learning mode
- c. Blue - emulation mode, ready to use
- Rotary Switch for selecting EDID settings
- 16 preinstalled EDID
- Passive inline device No external power needed
- Bi-directional (bi-gender). It can be used in either direction
- HDCP 1.4 / 2.2 Compatible
- Hot pluggable
- Supports HDMI 1.3/1.4/2.0
- Supports up to 4K/UHD @ 60Hz
- Learn and test the EDID from any display