Kramer AV 6420N
Analog to Digital Audio Format Converter
The 6402N from Kramer is a high-performance format converter for balanced audio signals. This unit works by converting two channels of balanced audio signalts to AES/EBU, AES-3id, S/PDIF and TOSLINK optical digital outputs simultaneously. Primarily you will find the type of digital audio format converter in audio broadcast & production studios or non-linear editing studios, but is also a great addition to any multimedia & presentation format conversion situation or in diagnostics of audio equipment during field operation.
The main features of the 6402N format converter are: selectable sampling frequencies of 32k, 44.1k, 48k, or 96k, and selectable gain ratio (A/D) settings -12dB, -16dB, -20dB, or -24dB to 0dBG's. With its analog balanced stereo audio input signal, it splits to four digital audio output signals (thus functioning as a 1x4 Distribution Amp), available in all the possible digital audio interfaces. It also has the ability for selectable digital audio system bits (professional or consumer), and has AES/EBU and AES-ID3 transformer coupled outputs.
This format converter comes with its own 12V DC power adapter, and mounting brackets and is backed by a 7 year warranty from Kramer. With its compact DigiTOOLS size 3 units can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space using the optional Kramer RK-3T rack adapter.
- Controls: 4 sample rate selector switches, system bit selector switch, 8 gain switches
- Indicator: "ON" LED
- Input: 1 balanced stereo audio line in (10k) on detachable terminal blocks
- Outputs: 4 digital audio outputs: AES 75 Ohms, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, TosLink Optical
- Max. Input Gain: 12dB: 3.1Vrms / 24dB: 11.5Vrms
- Idle Channel Noise: Better that 99dBFS CCIR-RMS
- Signal To Noise Ratio: Better than 98dBFS CCIR-RMS
- Coupling: AC
- Power Consumption: 12V DC/1.25A, 150mA
- Included Accessories: Power Supply & Mounting Bracket
- Optional Accessories: RK-3T Rack Adapter
- Warranty: 7 Years