iScan Mini 4K60 4:2:0 Ultra HD Video Processor/Scaler, HDMI 2.0
Presenting the DVDO iScan Mini 4K Ultra HD Video Processor/Scaler with HDMI 2.0. This compact, yet high-quality device was designed to improve the picture quality of SD and full HD content by incorporating Silicon Images proprietary VRS ClearView technology. This technology was designed for advanced 4K adaptive scaling, internet streaming noise reduction, as well as edge and detail enhancement to deliver pristine video quality on 4K Ultra HD and full HD displays. The iScan Mini is equipped with an HDMI 2.0 input and output, and supports MHL connections from compatible smartphones or tablets.
This Video Processor supports audio stripping and also has a digital optical output, which allows you to connect to an external audio system. An IR input port is on-board for enhanced control. The included remote allows you to easily make system adjustments. The iScan Mini can be used as a stand-alone device to improve the image quality on any display, making it the perfect match to be added to an existing DVDO video processing adding 4K scaling and advanced video enhancement to a iScan Duo, EDGE Green, or Quick6 switcher.
The iScan Mini is specifically designed to automatically upscale both SD and HD sources up to 4K resolution or the best resolution the display can handle while enhancing original source content. Other key features also include video setup and adjustment tools, EDID editing, and S/PDIF digital audio output. The iScan Mini enables a basic display setup by providing the test patterns necessary to adjust brightness, contrast, sharpness, color/saturation levels, over scan, and resolution verification.
Two of the main proponents in the DVDO iScan Mini built-in technology capabilities is in its utilization of VRS ClearView Technology for both Video Processing and Adaptive Scaling. For video processing the iScan features advanced 4K scaling as well as enhancement technologies to remove jaggies and mosquito noise from poor quality sources, while at the same time increasing the depth and clarity of images. Furthermore the scaler's design had been intended to sharpen Blu-ray quality video, bringing out details and nuances not visible in the original content. With that it incorporates picture enhancement presets that are designed for ease of use and also provides the necessary controls to save multiple custom settings. Since SD and HD video require different enhancements, the iScan Mini automatically switches between enhancement presets based on the input video type. Additionally VRS ClearView Technology features 4K adaptive studio quality scaling for discerning videophiles with large-screen displays or projectors.
- Inputs: 1 x HDMI 2.0 / MHL 2.0, 1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) IR, 1 x DC
- Outputs: 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x S/PDIF optical audio
- Resolutions: from VGA to SXGA and 480p up to 4K60 4:2:0
- HDMI 2.0 Supported
- Interface: 3 x Control buttons (Enhancement, Scaling, F/W Update), 1 x Direct IR receive
- Other Ports: 1 x USB 2.0 power and control
- Upscale up to 4K Resolution
- VRS ClearView Technology
- Detail Enhancement
- Multiple audio stripping modes to send audio to its S/PDIF output in auto, stereo PCM, or AVR compatibility mode
- Auto Mode: Scales anything up to 4K or best resolution display can handle
- DVDO Mode: scales compatible frame rate input video to a manually chosen resolution
- EDID Editing: On-screen EDID editing capabilities allow the professional installer full control to fix incompatibility issues
- Power Input: 5 V at 1 A or 5 V at 3 A when using MHL input
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 3.1 x 2.5 x 0.8"
- Included Accessories: Remote Control, 2 x AA Batteries, USB Cable, HDMI Cable, Carrying Case
- Warranty: 1 Year