Liberty AV IPEX5002
HDMI over IP Decoder, Scalable 4K over 1Gb, Matrix/Video Wall
The IPEX5002 from Liberty AV is a HDMI over IP Decoder that offers a scalable 4K solution over 1Gb network with full matrix and video wall capability. This Decoder receives HDMI video and audio over a gigabit IP network using JPEG2000 encoding with a variable data rate up to 250Mbps from a compatible HDMI over IP Encoder. It has the ability to support video signals up to 4K at 60Hz 4:2:0 with HDCP 2.2 and 7.1 multi-channel audio. The IPEX5002 outputs video up to 4k/60 and will scale the content based on the native resolution of the connected display. Using a 48-port gigabit switch, up to 45 decoders can be used to create an amazing matrix or distribution system within a single installation. Depending on the users needs per installation, multiple IPEX5002 devices can be configured to make a video wall up to a 16 x 16 configuration. There is also an analog output port that de-embeds the audio from the HDMI content, while still passing the audio to the HDMI output.
The IPEX5002 supports PoE and can be powered remotely by compatible power source equipment,
such as a PoE Ethernet switch, thus eliminating the need for a nearby power outlet, and further simplifing installations. The RS232 port relays commands from the IP controller and operates in a pass-through capacity to control a third party device such as a projector. The USB connection passes keyboard and mouse signals from the IPEX5002 decoder to the IPEX5001 encoder.
Primary Features and Benefits of the IPEX5002 Include:
- HDMI video and audio over a gigabit IP network using JPEG2000 encoding
- Video signals up to 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 with HDCP 2.2 and 7.1 multichannel audio
- Analog audio output port de-embeds the audio from the HDMI signal
- Supports PoE and can be powered remotely
- RS232 port relays commands from the IP controller and operates in a pass-through capacity
- IR in and out for 2 way IR control
- USB connection passes keyboard and mouse signals from decoder to encoder
- Up & Down scaling capability up to 4K
The IPEX5001 requires a single IPEX5002 for a point to point installation. When multiple IPEX5001 and/or IPEX5002 devices are in a system, an IPEXCB control box will be required.
- Connections/Ports: HDMI In, HDMI Out, LAN (Shielded RJ-45), Power, RS-232, 2x USB Type B, Audio In, Audio Out, IR In, IR Out, Reset Push Button, Mode (2 position slider switch), DIP (four position DIP switch)
- Video Resolutions: SMPTE up to 4K/60 4:2:0 / VESA up to 1920x1200
- Color Depth: 24, 30, 36 bit
- Video Compliance: HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 1.4/2.2
- Embedded Audio: Up to PCM 8 channel, Dolby Digital True HD, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Supported Baud Rates: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200
- USB Compliance: HID only
- Maximum Signal Streaming Distance: 328'
- Cable Requirements: Category 5e or greater with TIA/EIA-568B crimp pattern
- Encoding Data Rate: 2160p: up to 250Mbps / 1080p: up to 150Mbps
- Encoding Method: VBR
- End to End Latency: 17-33 ms (1-2 fps)' Maximum Video Wall Size: 16 x 16
- Chassis Construction: Black Steel
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 0.98" x 8.66" x 5.13"
- Power Input: 12V DC 1A or 48V DC PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet Compatibility: 802.3af Alternative A
- Power Consumption: 6 watts
- ESD Protection: 8kV air, 4kV contact
- Regulatory: FCC, CE, RoHS
- Diagnostic Indicators: Power and Status
- Included Accessories:Installation Guide, Power Supply, 3-pin Removable Screw Terminal, Mounting Ears (2 ea), IR emitter, IR receiver
- IP Controller: IPEXCB
- Compatible Encoder: IPEX5001
- Warranty: 2 years