8x8 Composite Matrix Switcher - RS-232
Kramer's VS-88V is a 8x8 high-performance matrix switcher for composite video signals. This device switches during the vertical interval to ensure a glitch-free switching with genlocked sources. With a bandwidth of 200MHz fully loaded, and vertical interval switching this device is primarily found for use in video broadcast studios for On-air switching and signal routing, as well as video production studios for connecting various sources to acceptors, and in Non-linear editing type applications.
The primary feature the VS-88V was designed with is the ability to switch different kinds of signals simultaneously and the vertical interval switching ensures an undisturbed picture transition. Switching is implemented according to the SMPTE RP-168 standard when using synchronized SDI sources. This true 8x8 switcher supports more than 200MHz video bandwidth and accepts analog video as the external source for its vertical interval trigger.
Controls of the VS-88V are very simple and user friendly through the 22 front panel buttons, as well as the built-in RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces. This unit also includes 15 preset memory locations for quickly and easily accessing the most frequently used configurations., and a TAKE button executes multiple switches all at once. It can function as a standalone unit as well as part of Kramer multi-signal switcher system.
The VS-88V comes in a standard 19" 1U rack enclosure with included rack "ears", comes with a power cord, Windows-based Kramer control software for RS-232 serial control commands, a null-modem adapter, and is backed by a 7 year warranty from Kramer.
- Bandwidth: 200MHz
- Genlock Input
- Inputs: 8 composite video on BNC connectors, 1 genlock with loop on BNC connectors
- Outputs: 8 composite video on BNC connectors
- Take Button: Executes multiple switches all at once
- Memory Locations: Stores multiple switches as presets to be recalled and executed when needed
- Switching Synchronization: Synchronizes either to external reference or the incoming video
- Looping Sync Input
- Video S/N Ratio: 74dB
- Switching: During vertical interval from analog sync
- Controls: 22 front panel buttons, RS-232 and RS-485 control interface
- Indicators: 8-character front panel display
- Power Consumption: 230V AC, 50/60Hz (115V AC, USA), 10VA max
- Included Accessories: Power cord, Windows based Kramer control software for RS-232 serial controls, null modem adapter
- Warranty: 7 Years