8x8 Composite & (U) Matrix Switcher
The VS-828 from Kramer is an 8x8 high-performance matrix switcher for composite video and unbalanced stereo audio signals. With a bandwidth of 100MHz and switching during the vertical interval to ensure a glitch-free switching with genlocked sources, this switcher is ideal for any profession system requiring excellent value in a 8x8 matrix, such as in production and duplication facilities, security, CCTV, and home theater systems. A bandwidth of 100MHz ensures transparency in the most critical of applications.
Controlling the VS-828 is hassle free through the Front panel control buttons or remotely via RS-232 and RS-485 serial control commands from a touch screen display, PC or other serial command controller. This unit can also be control by IR remote (included) or remote IR receiver (optional). Multiple switches can also be set in the devices memory locations as presets to be recalled and executed when needed. Beyond vertical interval switching there is also Audio-follow-video or audio breakaway option (to switch audio independently from video). An external Sync/Genlock input that may be programmed to switch according to the timing of either this input or of source number "1".
The VS-828 is dependable, rugged and fits into two vertical spaces (2U) of a standard 19" rack. To achieve the best performance from the switcher it is recommended to use only good-quality connections to avoid interference, deterioration in the signal quality do to poor matching. The unit comes with a power cord, null-modem adapter, rack "ears" for mounting, Windows-based Kramer control software for RS-232 control, and is backed by a 7 year warranty.
- Bandwidth: 100MHz
- Genlock Input
- Audio Breakaway Switching
- Vertical Interval Switching: ensures a glitch free operation with genlocked devices
- Switching Synchronization: Synchronizes either to external reference or the incoming video
- Selectable Sync Signal Termination
- Inputs: 8 composite video on BNC connectors, 1 sync/video genlock with sync select switch, 8 audio stereo on RCA connectors
- Outputs: 8 composite video on BNC connectors, 8 audio stereo on RCA connectors
- Memory Locations: stores multiple switches as presets to be recalled and executed all at once
- Max Video Output Level: 2Vpp
- Max. Audio Output Level: +/-20Vpp
- Audio Bandwidth: 100kHz
- Video S/N Ratio: 74dB
- Audio S/N Ratio: 88dB unweighted (1Vpp) Coupling: Video: DC / Audio: AC
- CrossTalk (All Hostile): Video: -50dB @5MHz / Audio: -71.4dB @1kHz
- Controls: Manual, RS 232, RS 485, IR remote control
- Power Consumption: 230V AC, 50/60Hz
- Included Accessories: Power cord, null modem adapter, Windows based control software, IR remote control, rack "ears"
- Warranty: 7 years