16x16 Composite Matrix Switcher
The Kramer VS-162V is a high-performance 16x16 vertical interval matrix switcher for composite video signals on BNC connectors. In addition to its typical 16x16 operation, the VS-162V can be configured as a 8x8 for s-Video (Y/C), a 5x5 for YUV or RGB (with the sync on the green signal), or a 4x4 for RGBS signals. This device offers excellent video performance that ensures that it remains transparent in almost any video application and produces glitch-free transitions when the sources share a common sync. Making it a great solution for any large professional display system requiring video signal routing such as, broadcast, presentation and production facilities, or in monitoring of large duplication systems.
The primary features of the VS-162V is its multi-mode operation, its expand-ability to be used as a single unit or expanded up to a 96x96 inputs/outputs when chained together, and it can be configured into a Kramer multi-signal switcher system including digital and analog video, digital and analog audio, and RS-422 control switchers. When integrated in a system, all units switch in true audio-follow-video mode. This model can also recall up to 99 configuration setups via the non-volatile memory and provides for a basically unlimited quantity of setups when using the Kramer control software on your PC.
Control of the VS-162V is very simple and user friendly. There are 38 front panel buttons which include a take button execute multiple switches all at once, or you can control the device remotely via RS-232 or RS-485 serial commands transmitted by a touch screen system, PC, or other serial controller. There is also the option to remotely control the unit from the Kramer RC-IR2 infrared remote control transmitter, or an external remote IR receiver (optional).
House in a rugged standard 19" 2U enclosure with included rack ears for mounting, the VS-162V comes with a power cord, null-modem adapter, Kramer's Windows-based control software, and a 7 year warranty.
- Multi-Mode Operation: 16x16 composite, 8x8 s-Video, 5x5 component, 4x4 RGBS switcher
- Inputs: 16 composite video, or 8 s Video (Y/C), or 4 RGBS, or 5 YUV, 1 genlock with loop
- Outputs: 16 composite video, or 8 s Video (Y/C), or 4 RGBS, or 5 YUV
- Connectors: BNC
- Selectable Input and Sync Signal Termination
- Controls: 38 front panel buttons, RS-232, RS-485, IR remote, contact closure keyboard extension
- Looping Inputs and Sync
- Take Button: Executes multiple switches all at once
- Memory Locations: Stores multiple switches as presets to be recalled and executed when needed
- Indicators: 2 multiple-character front panel displays
- Video Bandwidth: 90MHz
- Video S/N Ratio: 70.2dB
- Video CrossTalk: <-52dB @5MHz
- Switching: Vertical Interval
- Power Consumption: 230V AC, 50/60Hz, (115V AC, USA) 10VA
- Included Accessories: Rack "ears", power cord, null modem adapter, Windows based Kramer control software
- Warranty: 7 Years