8 Input Universal Live Events Scaler/Switcher - Blend & Warp
The VP−794 is a high−performance switcher/scaler/edge−blend & warp for analog and digital video signals developed specifically for driving large screen displays and multiple screen applications from video or graphics sources. It up− or down−scales the incoming signal, processes the image with HQV and flexible warping, geometry correction and professional grade edge blending and outputs the signal to 3G HD−SDI, DVI/HDMI, VGA and S/PDIF connectors. VP−794 includes a special mode for driving LED video walls with pixel−accurate output image sizing.
The VP-794 has optimized operating modes for LED video walls, or soft edge-blend and warp for projection, or scan conversion/scaling for general purpose scaler/switcher use to provide stunning image quality for professional use. Which are best in applications such as broadcast, sports, digital signage, & corporate AV. This device also uses a multi-format operation through 3G HD–SDI, HDMI, DVI, computer graphics, component, composite and s–Video inputs for signals up 1080p & WUXGA. HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) Video Processing represent state of the art in video processing technology and uses the highest quality de-interlacing (with 3:2 & 2:2 pull down), 4D motion adaptive SD noise reduction and outstanding scaling performance for both standard definition and high definition signals. This device is HDTV compatible, HDCP compliant, and has HDMI support for deep color up to 12-bit. With superior de-interlacing there is motion adaptive per pixel video de-interlacing with multi-directional diagonal de-interlace filter to reduce HD & SD image flicker and artifacts.
In turn this model can also be switched into Projection mode where is supports warp mapping/edge blending and advanced geometry correction. Full Warp Mapping is added benefit to the VP-794 which makes for easy warp map creation for stacked projector alignment and curved screen multi-projector tiling via an included PC application. Edge blending technology makes for a 4-sided professional grade edge blend with 48-bit processing, degamma & multi-region black level correction. Flexible geometry corrections function to correct misshaped images, and projector misalignments by dragging and dropping each image corner, pin/barrel, or keystone rotation.
In scaler/switcher mode the device then can act as a universal scaler/switcher and scan converter for live events, broadcast and high-end fixed-install applications. Low image latency ensures minimal picture lag, which together with 3G HD-SDI I/O and bi-level or tri-level sync genlock capability makes the VP-794 ideal for on-stage or in-camera use at live events.
The VP-794 has a very in depth yet user friendly control system, this can be achieved by the OSD (on screen display) menu access, RS-232, TCP/IP API web server, a keypad for direct input selection, and a PC-based Warp Map Generator tool. There is also a flexible array of color calibration controls which include RGB Gains, RGB Cut-Offs/Black Levels, Saturation, Hue, Brightness, Contrast controls, and Gamma selection. A built-in test pattern generator and a selectable aspect ratio conversion for incoming aspect ratio preserve mode are also featured within this amazing digital scaler, and with a non-volatile memory the device will auto saves your last used settings to be recalled and used at later times.
The VP-794 comes with DVI–D cable, user manual/CD, power cord and is backed by a 7 year warranty from Kramer.
- Full Warp Mapping
- Powerful Geometry Correction
- Edge Blending
- HQV Video Processing
- HDTV Compatible
- HDCP Compliant
- LED Videowall Mode: Superb video down scaling to as low as 128x96 pixels
- HDMI Support: Deep color up to 12 bit
- Max Resolution: 1080p (24/25/48/50/60Hz, Auto)
- Inputs: 2 composite video on BNC and RCA connectors, 1 YC/s Video on a 4 pin connector, 1 component video 3/4 BNC connectors, 1 HDMI connector, 1 DVI with HDCP, 1 VGA on a 15 pin HD connector, 1 SD/HD/3G HD SDI on a BNC connector
- Inputs (cont.): 1 genlock (V Lock) accepts bi level, tri level sync or black & burst, 50/59.94/60Hz formats on a BNC connector
- Output: 1 SD/HD/3G HD SDI on a BNC connector, 1 DVI/HDMI on a DVI connector, 1 VGA on a 15 pin HD connector, 1 S/PDIF on an RCA connector
- Latency: As low as 0.25-frame progressive inputs, 1.25-field interlaced inputs
- Selectable Processing Versus Latency
- Signal Processing: 10-bit signal inputs, 12-bit accurate internal processing, 4-field full resolution SD & HD processing
- De-Interlacing: Motion adapter per pixel video de-interlacing, multi-directional diagonal de-interlace filter
- Warp Apps: Full Warp Mapping, 4-corner, rotate, Pin/Barrel, Portrait Keystone
- Flexible Color Calibration Controls: RGB Gains, RGB Cut Offs/Black Levels, Saturation, Hue, Brightness, Contrast controls, Gamma selection
- Non-Volatile Memory: Auto saves and recalls settings
- Selectable Aspect Ratio Conversion
- Edge Blending: 10-bit alpha blend
- Programmable Customer Logo on Menu
- USB Port: for upgrading firmware
- Built-In Test Pattern Generator
- Live Image Capture
- Audio De embedding
- Controls: RS 232, TCP/IP API and Web Server, keypad for direct input selection, PC based Warp Map Generator tool and OSD menu access.
- Setting Backup Save complete system config to disk via Web browser interface to clone or restore units
- Power Source: 12V DC, 1.5A approx
- Included Accesories: DVI D cable, user manual/CD, power cord
- Warranty: 7 Years