Video to Computer Graphics, DVI & HDTV Digital Scaler
Kramer's VP-417 is a HDTV compatible high-end scaler for composite video and s-Video signals. With a maximum resolution of WUXGA & 1080p this unit works by scaling a video signal to a selectable computer graphics video or HDTV output signal on 15-pin HD and DVI-D connectors simultaneously. Being a multi-format scaler it can support composite and s-Video inputs and computer, HDTV and DVI outputs. Making this unit a great solution for home theater up-scaling due to its very affordable pricing, it as well would be a good addition to projection systems in conference rooms, boardrooms, or hotels type settings.
The primary features of the VP-417 include: HDTV compatible, a 60Hz refresh rate for computer graphics and 50/60Hz for HDTV resolutions, an On-Screen Display (OSD) for easy setup and adjustments (accessible via the front-panel buttons), multiple aspect ratio selections, and a built-in ProcAmp to control color, sharpness, brightness, contrast. In addition it has a Non-Volatile Memory so you can save your final settings and return to them the next time you start up the device. Digital noise reduction can be turned On/Off as needed as well.
Controlling this digital scaler is very user friendly and is achieved through the front panel buttons and on-screen menus. The front panel buttons allow you to control input selection, output resolutions, noise reduction, over scanning, and auto sync on/off. The front panel also has a HD Indicator LED. Being a compact "MegaTOOLS" sized scaler 2 units can be rack mounted side by side in a 1U rack space using an optional RK-T2B rack adapter from Kramer. The VP-417 comes with a 5V DC power supply and is backed by a 7 Year warranty from Kramer.
- Max. Resolution: WUXGA & 1080p
- Inputs: 1 composite video on a BNC connector, 1 Y/C (s-Video) on a 4-pin connector
- Outputs: 1 DVI-D on a DVI-I connector, 1 VGA on a 15-pin HD (F) connector
- Digital Noise Reduction
- Output Refresh Rate: 60Hz for computer graphics resolutions, 50/60Hz for HDTV resolutions
- Built-in ProcAmp: Adjust color, sharpness, hue, saturation, contrast
- Controls: Input selection, output resolution selection, Menu, Enter, and + front panel buttons
- Power Consumption: 5V DC
- Included Accessories: Power Supply
- Warranty: 7 Years