4-Port RS-232 Port Extender
Kramer's VP-14 is a port extender for RS-232 signals. It has the ability to take the data from any of the 4 ports, and send the signal to any of the other 3 ports. This device has the unique ability to distribute RS-232 commands as transmitted by a touch screen control system, personal computer, or other type device of control system. The user has the ability to control up 3 compatible devise when just one serial port or RS-232 card is available, or can similarly control a single device using the other three ports.
This port extender from Kramer is perfect for controlling a single matrix switcher or other product via several computers and / or controllers. In addition it can be used in monitoring several RS-232 controlled machines via one PC port. An extensive set of DIP switches allows the unit to be configured for use with crossed or straight (uncrossed) cables. This compact device can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack with up to 2 other units in the optional RK-3T rack adapter.
- RS-232 Ports: 4 null-modem RS-232-C compatible TX/RX signals
- Control: DIP switches for straight (flat) or crossed connection
- Power Consumption: 12V DC
- Included Accessories: Power Supply & Mounting Bracket
- Optional Rack Adapter: RK-3T 19" rack adapter
- Dimensions: 4.72" x 2.81" x 0.96" (W, D, H)
- Weight: 0.4lbs
- Warranty: 7 Years