1X4 4K 4:2:2 12Gbps SDI Distributor - 984'
The Kramer VM-4UX is a compact designed high-performance 1x4 4K60 4:2:2 SDI Distributor. This signal repeater/extender has been designed for standard broadcast-grade SDI signals up to a 12G transmitted data rate for 4K signals up to 262'. It works by auto-adapting the data rate of one SDI input signal, equalizes and re-clocks the signal to improve the transmitted signal reach, then distributes the signal over two identical SDI outputs. Making this a perfect device used in SDI video production studios, broadcast studio and field SDI video production events, stage and rental deployments, or in medical facilities with highly reliable video deployments.
The VM-4UX has long reach input extension capabilities where the input signal gets equalized and the output signals are then re-clocked to gain extra signal long-reach extension. When using Kramer high-quality coaxial SDI cables, this device will support extension range of up to 984' for SD signals, 656' for 1.5 HD signals, 328' for 3G and 6G HD signals, and 262' for 12G 4K signals. These reach distances do depend on signal resolution, and quality of copper cable being used, and performance can vary if using non-Kramer coaxial cables.
Coaxial broadcast grade cables provide reliable wire connectivity via their lockable BNC connectors, thus preventing unintentional wire disconnections. Allowing the VM-4UX to gain fast and highly professional uncompressed SDI signals distribution deployments. It will handle SDI Signal Transmission of SDI, HD–SDI, 3G HD–SDI, 6G and 12G SDI compliant signals, while supporting pass-through of standard embedded audio channels with ancillary ID and metadata information. This unit features LED Status Indicators for transmitted SDI data rate of the input and outputs connected signals, and a indicator for power to allow for easy maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Device: 1x4 SDI Distributor/Signal Repeater
- Supported Resolutions: Up to 4K60 4:2:2
- Transmitted Data Rate: Autoadapting from 270Mbps to 12Gbps data rates
- Long-reach Input Extension Ranges: 984' for SD, 656' for 1.5 HD, 328' for 3G and 6G, 262' for 12G 4K
- SDI Signal Transmission: SDI, HD SDI, 3G HD SDI, 6G and 12G SDI compliant signals, supporting passthrough of standard embedded audio channels with ancillary ID and metadata information
- LED Indicators: Status indicators for transmitted SDI data rate of input and output connected signals, and power indicator
- Reliable Wire Connectivity
- Compliance: - Complies with SMPTE 259M (SDSDI), 292M (HDSDI), 344M (EDSDI), 424M (3G HDSDI), ST2081 (6GSDI) and ST2082 (12GSDI) standards
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 2.45" x 2.04" x 0.96"
- Weight: 2.1 lbs
- Warranty: 7 Years