DVI over Twisted Pair Receiver Over 1 STP Cable
Kramer's PT-572HDCP+ is a high-performance DGKat twisted-pair receiver for DVI signals. This device works with the PT-571HDCP when it converts the DVI to twisted pair signal and then the PT-572HDCP+ converts the twisted pair signal back to a DVI signal. This is both HDTV compatible and HDCP compliant and has a maximum data rate of 4.95Gbps(1.65 per graphics channel). This type of twisted pair receiver is a great solution in board, conference, and training rooms, it is also a great addition to presentation systems, signal distribution and home theater type applications. Another great feature for the PT-572HDCP+ receiver is EDID PassThru which pass EDID signals between the source and display, and a power connect system option, that makes it so a single connection to either the transmitter or receiver can power both units when they are within 150' of each other, for signal transmissions longer than 150' an external power adapter will be required.
The PT-572HDCP+ has a wide array of system ranges. Using a shielded BC-DGKat524 cable it can send SXGA signals up to 295' or UXGA up to 98'. With a BC–DGKat623 shielded cable it will send SXGA signals up to 295' or UXGA signals up to 230'. For even longer lengths the BC-DGKat7a23 cable can transmit SXGA signals up to 330' or UXGA up to 265'. A shielded twisted pair cable is required for use with the transmitter.
Kramer recommends certain cables for use with this device to achieve optimum range and performance. For best results they suggest the BC–DGKat524, BC–DGKat623 and BC–DGKat7a23 cables. It is important to note however that the transmission range depends on the signal resolution, graphics card and display used. Also it is important to note the distance using non-Kramer CAT5, CAT6, or CAT7 cables may not reach the above mentioned ranges. Use only shielded cable where both ends of the shield are soldered to ground.
This device also uses DGKat Signal Integration which is Kramer's unique technology for converting TMDS as well as control and communication to signals that run over twisted pair cables. They strongly recommend using Kramer DGKat cables that have been specifically designed for optimum performance.
- Requires Shielded Twisted Pair Cable
- Max. Data Rate: 4.95Gbps (1.65Gbps per graphic channel)
- Inputs: 1 DGKat twisted pair on an RJ 45 connector
- Outputs: 1 DVI, 1.2Vpp on a DVI Molex 24 pin female connector
- HDCP Compliant
- Passes EDID
- System Range: 295' at SXGA or 98' at UXGA on shielded BC-DGKat623 cable, 330' at SXGA or 265' at UXGA on shielded BC-DGKat7a23 cable
- Cable Type: Requires Shielded Twisted Pair cable (STP)
- Recommended Cables: BC DGKat524, BC DGKat623 and BC DGKat7a23
- Certified for Medical Applications: According to IEC 60601-1-2 (Electromagnetic Compatibility), (PT-571HDCP-MD)
- DGKat Signal Integration: Converts TMDS for twisted pair cables DGKat cables recommended for optimal use
- Power Consumption: 12V DC, 308mA (transmitter and receiver together)
- Included Accessories: Power Supply & Mounting Bracket
- Optional Accessories: RK-4PT 19" rack adapter
- Warranty: 7 Years