Hall Research DAC-51
Universal Digital to Analog Audio Decoder DSP
The Hall Research DAC-51 Universal Digital to Analog Audio Decoder uses 24-bit audio DSP as well as 192KHz DACs to convert virtually any digital audio input into stereo output. This plug-and-play decoder supports uncompressed 2-channel PCM, compressed bit-stream multi-channel audio like 5.1 channel audio, and also provides two channels of analog output signals on 3.5 headphone jack as well as RCA.
For easy connection to entertainment devices the decoder uses a downmixing or fold-down algorithm to down-mix when the input is multi-channel bit-stream. To create two channel stereo output and when the input audio is multichannel, this device is able to combine Left Front, Right Front, Left Rear, Right Rear, Subwoofer (LFE), and Center. Coaxial digital SPDIF as well as TOSLINK optical inputs are provided. The user can select which input to use by way of a slide switch on the box.
- Input Port: 1x TOSLINK SPDIF, 1x Coaxial RCA
- Output Ports: 2x RCA (LR), 1x 3.5mm TRS Line Level Stereo Output jack
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 120 dB
- Channel Separation: 85 dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20KHz
- Input Power Supply: 110-240 vAC 50/60 Hz
- Output Power Supply: 5-6vDC, 1.0 ADC, 250 mADC nominal, 2.1mm
- Included Accessories: Power Supply
- Dimensions: 2.95 x 2.16 x 0.79"
- Weight: 1.5 oz.
- Warranty: 3 years