USB 2.0 Transmitter & Receiver Extender Kit Over CAT5 - 330'
The Gefen EXT-USB2.0-LR USB 2.0 Transmitter & Receiver Range Extender Kit over single CAT5 cable. This USB transmitter and receiver kit from Gefen has been designed to extend high-speed USB devices over a single Cat-5e cable up to 330'. A super compact, quick to install device, this unit will support USB versions 1.1 and 2.0 which is essential for high-performance applications such as digital imaging and interactive gaming type applications. The receiver unit in this kit features a two-port USB 2.0 hub that is ideal for remotely accessing laser printers, scanners, external hard drives, CD/DVD burners, flash drives, and standard resolution web cams. Making this transmitter receiver kit a perfect addition for remote desktop extension type applications, as well as security, industrial control, digital signage control, and scientific data acquisition.
The Gefen EXT-USB2.0-LR works by having the transmitter (sender) connect to the host (for example, a computer). The receiver unit then is connected to a USB device at the desired extended location (up to 300'). Then uses a single Cat-5 cable between the modules to send data signals. There is a 5V power supply that is attached to the Receiver and any USB device(s) plugged in the receiver are now seen by the host. In addition it can support both low and high-speed USB modes, and can accommodate CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable types. It will support all major operating systems to includes: Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Being a true plug-and-play device and 100% hardware solution with no drivers required. It operates at full 480Mpbs speed when running in USB 2.0 mode. The receiver will support up to 2 USB power connections at 500 mA each.
- Transmitter Inputs/Outputs: USB Type B In, RJ-45 Out
- Receiver Inputs/Outputs: 2 x USB Type A Out, RJ-45 In
- USB Compatibility: 2.0 and 1.1
- Range: 330'
- Supports low and high-speed USB
- Uses industry-standard CAT-5, CAT-5e, or CAT-6 cable
- Supports all major operating systems: Windows, MacOS and Linux
- True plug-and-play, 100% hardware solution with no drivers required
- Operates at full 480 Mbps speed when running in USB 2.0 mode
- Receiver supports up to 2 USB powered connections at 500 mA each
- LEDs on the Sender and Receiver units indicate power, CAT-5 link status, and data transmission activity
- Power Supply (Sender/Receiver): 5V DC, locking
- Power Consumption (Sender/Receiver): 2.5W/10W (maximum)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Transmitter: 1.5 x 1.2 x 3.3" | Receiver: 3.4 x 1.1 x 1.3"
- Included Accessories: 5VDC Power Supply, 6' USB Cable, User's Manual, International Plugs
- Warranty: 1 Year