Aironet Power Injector for Touch 10 - PoE
The CTS-PWR-AIR-INJ5 is Cisco's Aironet Power over Ethernet (PoE) Injector, works by increasing wireless LAN deployment flexibility of Cisco Aironet Access Points by providing an alternative powering option to local power, inline power-capable multiport switches, and multiport power patch panels. This item is commonly used to power items such touch-screen control devices for example the Cisco Touch 10 Device (sold separately) for Telepresence Video Conferencing. The Aironet Power Injector provices 802.3af power and data signal, sending both to the Cisco Aironet Access Point. Using CAT5 or better Ethernet cable this unit provides up to 15.4 W over the unused wire pairs on the CAT5 cable, supplying enough power for a distance of 328' on the Cisco Aironet 1040, 1140, 1260, 2600, and 3500 Series Access Points.
By being able to provide both power and data to a connected Cisco Aironet Access Point, this device serves the following primary functions:
- Provides Category 5 or better Ethernet media to the access point.
- It used wires in an Ethernet cable to supply inline 15.4 W power to an access point. The power injector provides an easy and economical way to provide data and power to an access point located in areas where power is not available.
The Cisco Power Injector uses AC power and features Status LED's which indicate the following system status events:
- AC Power - The LED blinks green at approximately 1.5 times per second to indicate that the Power Injector is powered ON and ready for connection.
- AP Power - The LED lights solid green to indicate that a valid IEEE 802.3af load (AP) is detected and powered ON.
- Invalid load connected or Fault: The LED rapidly blinks green at 10 times per second to an invalid load connected or a Fault. In these conditions the AP has not been powered on. This occurs for 2 seconds for normal error delay, and the detection process will automatically start again after 2.2 seconds unless there is a "restart after disconnect condition" set during the initial configuration.
- Max Distance for in-line power: 328' Electrical: 802.3af compliant 15.4 W power
- Connectors: 2 RJ-45 10/100/1000 (CAT 5 or better Ethernet Cable)
- Included Accessories: Power Cord and 6.5' Ethernet Cable
- Stacking Restrictions: Do not stack. Do not bundle the power injector and AC power Cable
- Compatible with Cisco Aironet Series: 1040, 1140, 1260, 2600, and 3500 Series Access Points