8-Port 17" Dual Rail LCD Cat5 KVM Switch with Extra Console Port
The ATEN KL1508AM is a quality made 8-Port Cat 5 High-Density Dual Rail LCD KVM Switch. This device features independently retractable, dual slide 17" LED-backlit LCD monitor and keyboard with a built-in touchpad. It gives users the ability to control up to 8 computers through 8 RJ-45 connectors via Cat5e/6 cabling to link to the computers. Utilizing KVM Adapter Cables for the final linkup, the KL1508 permits any combination of PCs, Macs, Sun computers, and serial devices to coexist on the installation.
The KL1508AM can further expand its systems control ability by daisy-chaining up to an additional 31 together allowing for a total of 256 computers to be accessed and controlled. This system uses a dedicated console port for management from an external console, plus an extra PS/2 mouse port for external mouse with the integrated LCD console. No software is required when using this unit and computer selection is achieved simply via port selection switches, hotkeys, or through an intuitive On Screen Display menu. This gives users a quick and convenient way to switch to any computer using station and port selection switches with LED displays to indicate which station and port location you are tapped in to. Video settings of attached computers are automatically adjusted for optimal output to the LCD monitor. There is a built-in auto-scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers, as well as a two level password security where only authorized users view and control the computers with up to four users plus an administrator, each with separate profiles.
This switch has been designed with unique and powerful features that enable administrators to manage
their entire server room and data center devices easily and conveniently. For example, the advanced Adapter ID feature stores the Adapter Cable's configuration information – such as its ID, port name, OS, keyboard language, etc. This feature allows administrators to relocate servers to different ports without having to reconfigure the adapters . Other advances found with these switches includes enhanced video quality – extending the distance to the servers to up to 164' at a resolution of 1280 x 1024.
- Computer Connections: 8 Direct, 256 Max (via Daisy-Chain)
- Port Selection: OSD, Hotkeys, Pushbuttons
- Console Port Connectors: 2x USB Type A, 2x 6-pin Mini-DIN, VGA
- KVM Port Connectors: 8x RJ-45
- Daisy Chain Port: DB-25 Male
- Switches: 8x Port Selection, Reset, F/W Upgrade, Power, LCD Power, 4x LCD Adjustment, 2x Station
- LED Indicators: Port, Power, Station ID, Lock, LCD Power
- Emulation: Keyboard / Mouse: PS/2, USB, Serial
- Video: 1280 x 1024 @75Hz, DDC2B
- Scan Interval: 1 - 255 secs
- Power Consumption: 120V/24W, 230V/24W
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 18.89 x 27.60 x 1.73" Weight: 33.48 lbs
- Included Accessories: Firmware Upgrade Cable, Power Cord 6', User Manual, Quick Start Guide
- Warranty: 3 Years