8-Port 19"LCD Console, USB/PS2 Combo KVM Switch, USB Peripheral
The CL5708N from ATEN is a high performance 8-Port LCD KVM Switch with integrated USB and PS/2 connections. This device allows access to multiple computers from a single PS/2 or USB KVM console. Its 8-port design allows it to control up to 8 computers. In addition users and IT professionals can daisy chain as many as 31 additional KVM switches to the CL5708N, which brings the number of controllable computers up to 256. By providing a built-in 8-port KVM switch, keyboard, touchpad, and 19" LCD monitor, users gain a super space-saving rack-mountable device that offers a streamlined approach to KVM switch technology.
The CL5708N provides dual interface support, for computers and consoles with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice. Being multi-platform based, it is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, and Sun as well as supporting multimedia USB keyboards for PC, Mac, and Sun. The 19" LED-backlit LCD monitor comes in a unique Slideaway housing for further space saving while offering superior video quality that supports resolutions up to 1280x1024 @ 75Hz. The LCD module also provides a USB port that allows each computer to access USB peripherals, and can rotate up to 115 degrees for a more comfortable viewing angle.
Automatic features have been built-in to the way this LCD KVM Switch operates as well. The three most notable being Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection, Station Auto-sensing, and Auto Scan mode. Station Auto-Sensing works by sensing the station's position on daisy-chained installations, eliminating the need for manual dip switch settings, the front panel led indicates station's position. While the Auto Scan mode enables continuous monitoring of user-selected computers. In addition no software is required as convenient computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys and multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menus have been provided. For system security, a two level password safety net is provided, making it so only authorized users can view and control computers. Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed. If installed in a dimly lit room, ATEN has even integrated a front panel LED light to provide illumination of the keyboard and touchpad.
- Computer Connections: Direct: 8, up to 256(via Daisy-Chain)
- Console Connectors: KVM: SPHD-18 Male, USB Type A (peripherals), RJ-11 (Flash ROM Upgrade)
- Computer KVM Connectors: 8 x SPHD-15 Female
- Daisy Chain Connector: DB-25 Male
- Additional Ports: Power 3-prong AC socket (Power), USB Type A Female
- Video: 19" LED-backlit LCD, 1280x1024 @ 75Hz (DDC2B)
- Emulation: Keyboard / Mouse: PS/2, USB
- LCD module rotates up to 115 degrees for a more comfortable viewing angle
- Multiplatform support: Windows, Linux, Mac, and Sun
- Supports multimedia USB keyboards for PC, Mac and Sun
- Scan Interval: 1-255 sec.
- Power: 110 - 230 VAC 50 - 60 HZ
- Power Consumption: 120V, 15.2W / 230V, 16W
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 18.9 x 1.7 x 24.9"
- Weight: 30lbs
- Package Contents: 1x CL5708 KVM Switch with standard Rack Mount Kit, 2x Custom KVM Cable Sets (2L-5202P / 2L-5202U), 1x 5-in-1 USB / PS/2 Console Cable, 1x Firmware Upgrade Cable, 1x Power Cord 6', 1x Grounding Wire 4', 1x User Manual, 1x Quick Start Guide
- Warranty: 3 Years