Cat5 PS2 - VGA KVM Console Extender Kit, Tx & Rx - 500'
The CE250A from ATEN is a PS/2 - VGA Cat5 KVM Extender Kit (Local and Remote Unit Included). This unit allows for the ability to extend KVM computer controls up to 500' to a console from a PS/2 - VGA KVM Switch. ATEN designed this kit to be installed in factory or construction sites, or any type of installation where the console needs to be conveniently accessible location, but users need the system equipment to reside in a safe place, away from dust or other harsh environmental conditions. The local unit in this kit has the ability to receive its power from the computer side, making it so external power is only required when the power from the local computer/computers in the KVM installation has insufficient power.
Dual console operation allows users to control their systems from both the local and remote PS/2 keyboard, mouse and monitor consoles. Another key feature found in the CE250A is the built-in 8KV ESD protection and 2KV surge protection. In addition it also features a custom ASIC that ensures the utmost reliability and compatibility, and has the ability to sense the distance to the computer and automatically adjusts the gain to compensate. By using compact Cat5 cabling this Extender Kit provides an optimal solution, in an inexpensive package, that is cleaner, more convenient, and provides a far greater reliability in data transfer connections, than that compared to standard cabling.
Additional Features found in the CE250A Include:
- Pushbutton selection of the active console
- High resolution video -up to 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
- Supports Wide Screen formats
- Supports VGA, SVGA, and Multisync monitors - local monitor supports DDC, DDC2, DDC2B
- Supports Microsoft Intellimouse and the scrolling wheel on most mice
- Automatic gain control - automatically adjusts signal strength to compensate for distance
- This Kit Includes both a Transmitter and Receiver Unit (CE250AL & CE250AR)
- Local Unit Console Ports: VGA, 2 x 6-pin Mini-DIN (1 keyboard, 1 mouse)
- Remote Unit Console Ports: VGA, 2 x 6-pin Mini-DIN (1 keyboard, 1 mouse)
- Unit to Unit Connection: RJ-45 Cat5
- Local Unit KVM Ports: 1 x SPHD-15 Female
- Video Resolutions: 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz 492' DDC, DDC2, DDC2B
- Emulation: Keyboard / Mouse: PS/2
- Console Selection: Pushbutton
- Power Consumption (Same for each): DC 5.0V, 1.25W (max.)
- Dimensions: 5 x 3.41 x 1.04" for both devices
- Weight: 0.7lb for both devices
- Included Accessories: Custom KVM Cable 6', Power Adapter, Rack Mount Kit, Grounding Wires 4', User Manual, Quick Start Guide, Grounding Information Card
- Warranty: 3 Years